MDSC Buddy Walk In Your Own Community 2023
Join us on October 1, 2023Donate Now
This year, during National Down Syndrome Awareness Month, connect, celebrate and make a difference no matter where you are for the Buddy Walk in your own community throughout the month of October! Follow these easy steps below:
1. Sign up as a Team Leader today;
2. Create your own personal fundraising page and goal;
3. Recruit team members to your team;
4. Organize and plan your own personal/team walk route in your community/neighborhood with your team, family and friends;
5. Have fun!
Team leaders will receive a walk in your own community MDSC CELEBRATION KIT to get you started! Each kit is filled with special gifts for you and your family to decorate your home and enjoy while walking in your own community. And all registered walkers will receive an event t-shirt!
Please continue to follow us on Facebook and Instagram as we unroll new and exciting new incentives!
Your support makes the MDSC programs possible including:
- Parents First Call Program, a volunteer, statewide group of trained parent mentors available 24/7 to listen, share, answer questions, and provide valuable information
- MDSC Cares a support program for families whose child with Down syndrome is experiencing an extended hospital stay and/or ongoing complex medical care
- Education programming, including the Educators Forum and Annual Conference, Meaningful Inclusion Educators Guide and the Parents Resource Volunteer Program
- Self-Advocate Programs like Advocates in Motion, our Self-Advocate Advisory Council, and the Your Next Star Employment Program
- Affiliate programs including Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome (D.A.D.S.) and the Down Syndrome-Autism Connection that serve the entire Down syndrome community